Those attending the introductory press conference on Monday will include members of the Crafoord family; those responsible for initiating and arranging the Jubilee; and, not least, this year´s two Laureates.
Press Conference: Monday, 23 April, 12 - 12.45 p.m.
Place: The Press Room on the ground floor, Palaestra House, at the University quadrangle,
Lund. (The media are invited to a sandwich lunch from 11.30)
There will be time for individual interviews after the Press Conference.
• Torbjörn Fagerström, Chairman of the Jubilee Committee
• Margareta and Lennart Nilsson, Chairwoman and Managing Director respectively of the Crafoord Foundation
• Bo Sundqvist, President of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
• Göran Bexell, Vice-Chancellor of Lund University
• Wallace Broecker and Robert Trivers, Crafoord Laureates
(This year´s Crafoord Laureate in Biosciences, Robert Trivers, has looked theoretically at the relations between parents and children and conflicts within the family. What do children and their parents consider is a “fair" division of the parents´ care? The Laureate in Geosciences, Wallace Broecker, has increased our knowledge of the carbon cycle and its significance for climate change. Can the greenhouse effect lead to a colder climate in Scandinavia?)
Applications and bookings for interviews: By Sunday 22 April, 6 p.m. at the latest to Kajsa Eriksson: email@example.com, 070-7746866. In Lund it will also be possible to apply for a seat in the Press Gallery for the prize-giving ceremony in Lund Cathedral on Thursday, 26 April. Read more in the press programme to the right.